The Infusionsoft Fall 2012 Release will be delivered* to customers between October 8th and October 17th. All the exciting new features and enhancements can be found below! More in-depth articles will be released in early October. The final release version of the features listed below may change slightly.
*Release dates are subject to minor changes. Check the Twitter feed for the latest updates.
Robust, Visual Marketing Campaigns
The Infusionsoft Campaign Builder is an intuitive, visual tool that allows you to create end-to-end marketing campaigns that attract leads and convert them into happy, repeat buyers. The Campaign Builder has been enhanced to give customers access to the full suite of Infusionsoft’s sales and marketing automation features, including those that were previously only accessible through legacy features.
+ Measure marketing performance with visual campaign reports
Builder now includes end-to-end reporting to help you measure the overall effectiveness of each campaign
and the performance of individual campaign
steps. The reports (activity results) are displayed visually within the Campaign
Builder under the newly added “Performance” tab. There are two views—active and historical. Both display information from the past 30 days.
- Active View shows the number of contacts who are currently in each step of the campaign (upper blue number) and the number of contacts who stalled at that point in the campaign and are no longer moving forward (lower orange number). You can hover over the report and click the people icon to access a list of active campaign members or click the cloud icon to access a list of stalled contacts.
- Historical View shows how many people have gone through the campaign over time. This allows you to see what routes people are taking most frequently and where people tend to stall or stop moving forward.
- You can click into a specific sequence within a campaign to access additional reports. Sequence Active View shows the number of people who are currently waiting to receive a communication; Sequence Historical View shows the total number of contacts who have already received each step in the sequence. You can click on either number to access a list of those contacts.
+ Add multimedia communications to a campaign
The communication options within a campaign sequence
have been expanded beyond email to include voice communications
. The new options can be accessed under the “Communications” tab in the Sequence
+ Use dates to control the timing of automated messages
Two new timers have been added to the Campaign
Builder that allow you to schedule communications based on an event date or a date field on a contact record. The Date Timer
can be used to trigger
communications at a specific date and time, which is especially relevant when promoting seminars, webinars and other events. The Field Timer
can be used to trigger
messages relative to a date from the contact record, such as a birthday, anniversary or custom date field. This can be used to create birthday promotions
, renewal reminders and more. The timer configuration includes options to trigger
messages a certain number of days, weeks or months before or after the date on the contact record. In addition, you can set up the timer to trigger
based on the year in the contact field or watch for the next occurrence of that date. Both timers can be found under the Timer
tab in the Sequence
toolbar. A sequence
may not include mixed timers.
+ Automate workflow processes within a campaign and campaign sequences
Builder includes new workflow automation goals.
- Task is Completed Goal: Schedule and track manual jobs that require personal intervention with an individual contact. Because a task is an internal workflow process, it must be added to a campaign after a sequence that includes a task. If this condition is not fulfilled, you will not be able to select the “Task is completed” option from the goal setting window.
- Internal Form is Submitted Goal: Manually enter contact information in Infusionsoft and automate the follow up. When configuring, you can create a new form or copy an existing one from the form library. The toolbar in the Internal Form builder has been simplified to exclude tools that are not relevant, including style, header and footer layout options and snippets for CAPTCHA, spotlight, image, social, Youtube and HTML.
In addition, sequences within the Campaign Builder have been enhanced to include the full range of process automation options that allow you to streamline operations. In addition to being able to apply/remove tags, apply notes, create tasks and create opportunities, you can now add the following processes to a campaign sequence.
- Assign an Owner: Assign a contact to a specific user or round robin the contact to a list of users.
- Fulfillment List: Notify a designated user (via email or the Infusionsoft dashboard) that a manual job needs to be done, such as mailing a package.
- Run an Action Set: Deploy an action set, which can be used to trigger any type of automation in Infusionsoft that is not otherwise accessible under the sequence process menu such as updating a contact field or creating an affiliate record. Action sets can be created and edited under Marketing > Settings > Action Sets.
+ Build a responsive email list via an email confirmation sequence
Builder includes an Email Confirmation sequence
that is specifically designed to comply with email best practices and build a strong, responsive email list. The Email Confirmation sequence
can be accessed under the Sequence
menu. It includes an Email Confirmation
followed by a goal
that can only be achieved when the Confirm Email link is clicked. Because the sequence
is designed with industry best practices in mind, steps may not be added or removed. The email included in the confirmation sequence
is preloaded with content and a link, though the sections framed in red can be customized. Contacts that already have a “confirmed” email status will not be added to the Email Confirmation sequence
and will skip ahead to the next item in the campaign
+ Segment contacts into sequences based on contact field data
Builder allows you to route contacts into different sequences based on their demographic information. In this release, Infusionsoft has expanded the range of information that can be used to route contacts to include contact title, job title, city, state, country, birthday, contact type and owner. In addition, custom fields
can also be used for demographic-based routing.
+ Apply tags faster and create tags on the fly within a campaign
Infusionsoft has simplified the process of applying tags when a contact clicks an email link or checks a box or radio button on a form.
- Apply Tags from Email Links: You have a faster way to apply tags to a contact record when a link is clicked. From the drag and drop email builder, open the Link Settings window, click the tag icon, select the appropriate tag(s) to apply and then click “Done” and “Insert/Update.” This is easier and faster than the previous process, which required finding every campaign that included the email and adding a subsequent sequence with an action to “Apply Tag” after the email link is clicked.
- Apply Tags to Form Checkboxes and Radio Buttons: You can also quickly configure a checkbox or radio button to apply a tag to a contact record when selected. Simply open the form, add the checkbox or radio snippet and double click to configure. Click the tag icon beside each option, select the tag(s) to apply when option is selected and then click “Done” and “Save.”
- Create Tags on the Fly: The tag configuration options for the “Tag is applied” goal and “Apply/Remove tag” sequence process have been updated so that you can either select an existing tag from the drop down or create a new tag on the fly by simply typing the tag name into the search window and clicking “Create.” The option does not allow you to create tag categories, though the tag can be moved to a category on the CRM settings page.
+ See the publishing status of campaign items at a glance
The publishing process
in the Campaign
Builder has been revised so that the status of every item on the Campaign
Builder canvas can be identified at a glance based on color. This is an improvement over the previous color-coding system which didn’t share any information about items that require publishing.
- Gray items haven't been configured and are not ready to publish
- Gray / Green Striped items have been configured and / or edited and are ready to publish.
- Green items are published.
If there are items that need to be published, the publish button will display a count of the number of items to help you remember to publish.
Moving an object within a campaign or sequence will not prompt you to publish. In addition, if an item is quickly switched from ready to draft to ready, it will be flagged for publishing even when no changes have been made.
+ Connect campaign sequences and trigger instant communications
The built in delay between sequences has been removed and replaced with a new safeguard that will present an error and prevent a campaign
from publishing if a communication loop is detected.
+ Auto-populate forms with known contact information.
will now auto-populate forms with known information about contacts if they come from a link in an Infusionsoft email. The setting can be turned on by checking the “Auto-populate Form” box under the “Web Form Settings” tab.
Actionable Lead Scoring
The Fall 2012 release improves upon lead scoring and reporting features to help sales teams qualify leads automatically and see the behaviors that drive an individual lead score—quickly and easily.
+ Score leads based on activities and engagement
The Infusionsoft lead
scoring tool can be used to qualify leads based on behaviors that indicate interest; now including submitting a form or clicking an email link. This makes it easier to find qualified leads based on engagement and interest.
+ Set an expiration date on lead scoring activities
scoring now includes an expiration option, which can be configured to remove points after the expiration date has passed for each rule that makes up the score
. This allows sales people to score
leads based on how recently they took action. The expiration rules can be created in the “Rules” section of the lead
scoring page. Simply click the “expiration” check box next to the rule and enter the number of weeks after which a score
will expire. To remove expiration, simply uncheck the box. Expiration dates are dynamically calculated for each contact, based on the date that the points were applied. For example, if a score
expires after 2 weeks, a contact who received the points 5 days ago will have these points expire in 9 days, not 14.
+ Score contacts and sales opportunities
scoring tools have been extended to include both contact records
and sales opportunities. To view scored opportunities, go to the Opportunity page, click “Edit Criteria/Columns,” go to the “Columns” tab and add “Lead Score” to the list of displayed information. The lead score
will display along with general opportunity information. Lead
scores will also display on individual opportunity records in the Opportunity Summary section.
+ See newly qualified leads on the Infusionsoft dashboard
The Recent Activity widget on the dashboard has been enhanced to allow sales people to see when one of their contacts achieves a specific lead score. This allows sales people to bubble up qualified leads and follow up at the right time. The widget can be added to the dashboard by clicking Add Dashboard Widgets and selecting Recent Activity. Once added, the report will show all recent contact activity, such as link clicks and form submissions, as well as a list of contacts that have recently achieved a specific lead score. Sales people can click the contact name to see more information and work the deal. You can configure the rule under CRM Settings > Scores. Simply check the box to Update Recent Activity and select the number of flames from the drop down menu.
+ See the specific activities that contributed to a lead score
Infusionsoft has updated the contact list and contact record to provide information about what activities have contributed to a lead score. Interactive List View now includes a tab called “Scored & Recent Activity,” which shows a list of recent activities. In addition, a Recent & Scored Activity tab has been added to the contact record, where you can see scored activities and the date the action occurred. In both places, you can click on the link to see the specific email or form that was submitted.
+ Monitor sales performance with the Sales Pipeline Widget
The Sales Pipeline Widget is a simple, drill-down report that displays the number of leads currently in each stage of the sales pipeline. You can click through the report to access a list of leads at each stage. The report can be added to the Infusionsoft Dashboard by clicking “Add Dashboard Widgets” and selecting “Pipeline Stats.” Once added, the report can be configured to display data for the entire sales team or for an individual sales person by clicking the “Edit Pipeline” button. You can also edit the report name and specify which pipeline stages to include in the report.
Infusionsoft has simplified the process of creating and launching online order forms so customers can start selling online faster.
+ Create and manage order forms faster
Infusionsoft makes it easy to create attractive online order forms with robust features to offer discounts, payment plans and more to increase sales. In addition, the order form
management section of the application has been redesigned to make it easier for you to create and manage order forms. We have also added the ability to add up to 15 products
and/or services to a single order form
. PayPal is now an available option on order forms.
Order Form Management Page: The design of the order form management page has been reorganized in a simple tabbed layout that walks you through each step of creating and designing order forms. The tabs include "Add Product", "Theme", "HTML Areas", "Thank You Page" and "Settings."
Order Form List: The Order Form overview page has been redesigned to display important information at a glance and make it easier for those with multiple forms to find what they need. The list grid has been expanded to display the form name, number of products included, theme and a direct link to the hosted form.
- Add Products: This tab is used to select the products and subscriptions that will be offered on the order form. You can add up to 15 products and/or subscriptions and edit the product names, quantity and price.
- Theme: From here, you can select a design theme to apply to your form. This tab includes a default “Basic” theme as well as any customized themes.
- HTML Areas: After a theme is selected, you can add additional content to your order form within HTML areas. If you choose a theme that already contains content in the HTML areas, then that content will carry over. Any changes made on the form will NOT affect the theme used in other forms.
- Thank You Page: From here, you can design a post-purchase thank you page using the drag and drop builder or enter the URL of an external success page.
- Settings: You can change the form name, check for duplicates, create email notification rules and display a promo code.
+ Design attractive order forms with layouts and themes
Infusionsoft has introduced an exciting new feature that allows you to design order forms faster using predesigned layouts and templates. Infusionsoft’s new design tools also give you the flexibility to customize the layouts and templates to match your brand. Order form themes are accessible on the e-commerce setup page under “Design.” When creating a theme, you are prompted to select a layout (one or two columns) and a theme (beige, blue or grey). After naming their theme, you are taken to a tabbed layout where you can edit images, HTML areas, labels and the form CSS.
- Images: All the themes come with a main banner image that can easily be switched out with a new image, such as a logo or a branded banner.
- HTML Areas: The HTML areas allow you to customize different elements of the order form. Each area is accompanied by a thumbnail image and preview button.
- Labels: Labels allow you to easily update the verbiage on your order form.
- Edit CSS: The CSS for order forms has moved from a table-based layout to a CSS based layout, which makes the layout and design easier to manage and customize. The CSS is divided into two sections: appearance and layout. Appearance.css controls colors, fonts, borders, background images, and background colors. Layout.css controls margins, padding, width, height, positioning, floats and alignment. Google Web Fonts are used to create beautiful, non-standard web fonts.
+ Added the Euro currency to the application
You can now set the Euro as your primary currency under E-Commerce > Settings > Order Settings > Orders > Currency Local > Set to Euro. Once configured, products, orders and other places in the application that require a monetary symbol will display the Euro symbol. In this release, the decimal point will be used to format the Euro. The comma will be implemented in a future software release.
Navigation & Usability Updates
The Fall 2012 release includes navigation and interface design improvements that build on the work done in the Spring 2012 release to simplify and improve your experience with Infusionsoft.
+ Access lead generation features from the main navigation menu
As an all-in-one sales and marketing system, Infusionsoft has centralized lead generation tools in one place, under Marketing in the primary navigation menu. The page contains links to Web Tracking, Lead Sources, Lead Source Effectiveness and ROI reports.
+ Enjoy a simplified e-commerce menu and setup page
The e-commerce section in Infusionsoft has been simplified to make it easier for customers to get started.
- Navigation Menu: The e-commerce navigation menu has been revised up to make the most popular items more accessible. The menu now includes E-Commerce Setup, Orders, Products, Actions, Promotions, Legacy, Reports and Settings. Some of the secondary navigation items within these areas have been moved to improve accessibility.
- E-Commerce Setup Page: The E-Commerce Setup page has been rearranged and simplified to create a more intuitive workflow for new customers. Content is now grouped into Products, Design, Checkout, Payment, Promotions and Shipping Options.
- Shopping Cart Setting Consolidation: Infusionsoft has simplified the process of creating default order settings for order forms and the shopping cart by combining setup options in one place under Shopping Cart Settings. Settings that apply to both include default country, company fields and tax and referral partner settings. The remaining settings (multistep vs. single step checkout, email notification rules, email opt-in requests and pay-per-click tracking) apply only to the shopping cart.
+ Access new tag management tools and reports
Infusionsoft has improved the tag management and reporting process by consolidating the information under CRM > Setting > Tags
. You can simply click on a tag name to see a list of every campaign
item that will apply the tag, including sequences, emails and forms. From here, you can also edit or remove triggers from specific emails and forms
. Please note that the report only shows triggers that are configured in the Campaign
Builder and will not display data from legacy items.
+ Access and edit more information from a contact record
Contact records have been enhanced to include additional information about contacts and new tools to manage communications.
- Email Confirmation Status: New icons have been introduced to contact records to show email status at a glance. Contacts who confirmed their address will have a check mark icon; unconfirmed contacts will have a question mark.
- Web form and Internal Form Entries: Internal and External Form Submissions are now tracked in separate tables on the contact record. The Internal Form table includes information about the user who submitted the form along with the date. The External Form table includes the referring URL and IP address.
- Lead Scoring Activity: Infusionsoft has added a “Recent & Scored Activity” tab to the contact record, where you can see activities that contribute to a lead score and the date the action occurred.
- Submit an Internal Form: The contact record includes a new option to submit an internal form directly from the contact record. To do so, select an Internal Form from the drop-down and click the Fill Out button (light box will open.)
- Manage Campaign Steps: From the contact record “Campaign” tab, you can run a step in a sequence early or rerun a step that has already been run. This allows you to cancel a step, run a step early or re-send a step when needed.
+ Calculate marketing return on investment (ROI) more accurately
The ROI reports
provide powerful insight into what activities are generating results, and what activities are not. However, the formula used in the past to calculate ROI
= Revenue/Expense) could be misleading for those who were expecting a calculation based on the traditional ROI
formula of ROI
= (Revenue-Expense)/Expense. Infusionsoft has updated the report to calculate ROI
based on the more commonly accepted ROI